Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Shameless Promotional Announcement -- 2

Here's a shameless announcement of my new book, MIND THE GAP AND 2 OTHER MYSTERIES (MIND THE GAP is a novel; the other two mysteries are longish short stories). This is my first work of fiction, although I've published 5 non-fiction books: 4 biographies and 1 history. Robert Sutherland, whose picture can be seen on this page, said about the novel, "Jared Brown's Mind the Gap is a mystery novel written with the psychological insight of a skilled dramatist. It pulled me in, held me fast during the reading, and has remained with me ever since." The novel concerns eight college students and their two professors who visit London and Stratford to see and discuss plays -- but one of them is murdered. One of the short stories describes the attempts of a little man to rid himself of a rival; the other is an affectionate spoof of hard-boiled mysteries.

Anyone who'd be interested in buying a copy of the book should send a check for $16.88 made out to me (Jared Brown) at the following address: 18 Chatsford Court, Bloomington, IL 61704. That covers the cost of the book, packaging and mailing. (MIND THE GAP AND 2 OTHER MYSTERIES is also available through Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com, but I can offer it at a lower price.)

2 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations on the book, Jared. I love the title. It brings back memories of our trip to London.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Unknown said...

Hi, Helen --

Thanks for your note. As a charter member of the shameless commerce division, I should add that you can receive a copy of MIND THE GAP AND 2 OTHER MYSTERIES for a mere $17.27 (which includes the price of the book, packaging and mailing). Just send a check for that amount (made out to me) and mail it to 18 Chatsford Court, Bloomington, IL 61704 -- and be sure that I know your mailing address.

Thanks again --

Jared Brown